A Weekend Guide to Newport Beach
Surf's up everybody! We're heading to Newport Beach, California for the weekend. This lively SoCal hot spot is a great weekend getaway for people of all ages who are looking to soak in the sun and feel the vibes of the town.
Grab your surfboard and hit the waves (or watch the pros do it at The Wedge) in the morning. Walk the pier or the beach after brunch at a local spot, then head to Balboa or Fashion Island for some afternoon shopping. Top the night off with dining and drinking at one of Newport's hottest restaurants. This guide is your perfect go-to manual for finding places to eat, sleep, and hang out on any budget in Newport Beach!
- Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, $$, 1800 W Balboa Blvd
Located in the gorgeous Balboa Peninsula, this family-owned hotel is a local favorite for people coming to Newport Beach. Walk just 2 blocks to the beach, lounge on the rooftop deck, or take a quick walk to the Newport Beach Pier. It is a wonderful budget option.
Also try: Newport Channel Inn ($)
- Doryman’s Inn, $$, 2102 W Oceanfront
- The Resort at Pelican Hill, $$$$, 22701 S Pelican Hill Rd
It’s luxury all the way when you stay at The Resort at Pelican Hill. This gorgeous resort sits along a golf course on top of the hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Sit back and relax at this Italian-style escape, or stop in at the spectacular restaurant on site.
THINGS TO DO IN NEWPORT BEACH:
- Explore downtown Balboa Village
- Shop at Fashion Island
- Take in the beach views at Corona Del Mar
- Surf The Wedge (Experts Only!)
- Golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club
- Escape to Crystal Cove State Park
- Stroll the Newport Pier
- Paddle board, boat, or walk around Balboa Island
- People watch at Newport Beach
- Relax at the Sherman Library & Garden
Where are your favorite spots to hang around Newport Beach? Comment below with extra recommendations!
This post may include affiliate links, which comes at absolutely no cost to you. All proceeds go directly back into maintaining this website and making it better for you. All opinions are my own.