A Weekend Guide to La Jolla
Scrumptious tacos, killer beach views, and luxurious accommodations... La Jolla is a wonderful spot for a lovely weekend getaway!
Settled along the coast of California--and minutes away from San Diego--is the charming town of La Jolla. Take a walk through downtown, watch the sunset over the coves, or sip champagne at La Valencia Hotel. This guide is full of insider tips to get you through your weekend in La Jolla at any budget.
- La Jolla Village Lodge, $, 1141 Silverado St
This little lodge is just steps from the La Jolla Cove Beach, Seal Cove, and the downtown shopping district, making it a perfect location for people looking for close proximity to all the best things to do in town.
Also try: Staying at an Airbnb rental - Use this link for $40 off your first stay!
- Pantai Inn, $$$, 1003 Coast Boulevard
- La Valencia, $$$, 1132 Prospect St
Staying at La Valencia is like stepping back in time with one foot and keeping the other foot in the present. It is the perfect, elegant combination of old world charm and new world amenities. If anything, you must step in here for a bite to eat and a cocktail to sip.
Things To Do In La Jolla:
- Watch the sunset at La Jolla Cove
- Surf, soak, and relax at Windansea Beach
- Animal watch at La Jolla Cove
- Pick up food at the La Jolla Open Aire Market
- Shop through the downtown area
- Glide through the Torrey Pines Gliderport
- Visit the San Diego Zoo
- Have a picnic at the Ellen Browning Scripps Park
- Take in the natural beauty at the Shell Beach Tide Pools
- Spend the day at Kellogg Park
Where are your favorite spots to hang around La Jolla? Comment below with extra recommendations!
This post may include affiliate links, which comes at absolutely no cost to you. All proceeds go directly back into maintaining this website and making it better for you. All opinions are my own.